Online shop designs are an ever-evolving process and tweak fest. After studying stats and realizing the high percentage of customers browsing/buying via mobile devices (mostly smartphones), I wanted to make their shop experience better.
After adding a new, mobile-first theme, and a lot of time tagging product listings, creating collection page filters, and overhauling nearly all the shop's photography, I think I'm at the as-good-as-it gets 98% moment.
Here's a list of the new features, but you may enjoy the handful of videos that follow that show, not tell, what some of these features do:
- Mobile-first coding and styling for better mobile experience
- Home page:
- Animated home page and collection hero images.
- Scrolling New Arrivals section - horizontal to save space
- Featured item
- Featured collection
- Why Buy From Notegeist?
- Collection pages
- Extensive tag filtering
- Customers can easily pick exactly what they want to see
- Product pages
- Product reviews (add yours!)
- Tabbed sections on product pages: Description, Shipping Info, Product Question/Back-in-Stock Alert Request
- FAQ page - combines multiple pages for easier reading.
- Info Resources (my fav):
- Blackwing Volumes Chart - matrix by year, quarter, issue, graphite core,
- Blackwing Volumes Stories - by year with release info and story behind each Volume,
- Common Paper Sizes - chart, and
- More planned resource pages on the way.
But enough with the words! Check out the videos below demonstrating a few of these features.
Home Page Tour
Info Resources Tour
Collection Filtering Tour